Our embryo transfer is supposed to happen tomorrow. Sometime. We have no idea when. With all the other transfers that we've done, we received a call on Sunday telling us what time we needed to report. And the time of reporting has always been 12:00; transfer has occurred around 12:30.
Today? No call. Not at DH's office, not at my office, not at home, not on my cell. Nothing.
I have no idea what this means. There were three straws of seven frozen embryos left. We asked that they be thawed in the following order: Two PNs (pronuclei, frozen before the first cell division), and if none survive, then go on to the straw of two (frozen at varying levels of development, beyond the PN stage). If none survive, then go on to the last straw, which has three embryos (frozen at varying levels of development, beyond the PN stage). If, at any point, one or two survive, they are supposed to stop. Obviously, we would transfer three if all survived from the last straw.
I have no idea what the "no call" means, but of course my fear is that none of the embryos survived. This is a prospect that I am just not prepared for.
I suppose that it's possible that they are working with the two PNs to see if they start dividing. If they don't, then I think they might thaw the others on the day of transfer. But I could be wrong about that. That's the problem -- since we're not sure what the embryologists do, or when they do it, we don't know what to think. And, we can't call them after 11:00 a.m. on a Sunday, because they turn their damned phones off. No messages allowed. Our previous calls have always come after 11:00, so we didn't think that we needed to call them about this.
Now, we're not sure what we are supposed to do. Can DH go in to work in the morning as he's always done? Should we take DD in to school? Should I just go in to work? I hate this!
And, yet another glitch. We weren't given the opportunity to decline assisted hatching (usually used with older eggs). It was a mistake. J just forgot to give either of us that form (and DH made a special trip into the office just to sign the forms). We have never, ever used assisted hatching. But, we are supposed to come in to the clinic 15 minutes early (15 minutes early from what time -- ha! we don't know) to sign the forms. And I'm not allowed to take my Valium pill (which is supposed to be taken one hour before transfer) until after I sign these forms (because I can't have a mind altering drug in my system). So, does this mean that we will be waiting around for the balance of the hour? Or, will they just go ahead and start the transfer without waiting? And if they do that, then why am I taking this Valium again?
They should have f*cking called.